Thursday, September 29, 2011

A Few Quick Thoughts...

  • If you don't have an e-reader, why not? They are amazing. For my birthday earlier this month I got a Kindle 3G+Wi-fi...I love it...My parents have a Nook Color, not bad but I prefer the e ink screen of my Kindle...
  • So many books in one little package...seriously everyone should have one. 
  • I think I may end up buying everything Pope Benedict XVI has ever written...So much knowledge in such an easy to understand way of writing.
  • I am working my way through God's Word right now, written when he was still Cardinal Ratzinger. It's a treatment of the twin founts of revelation: Tradition and Scripture. Expect a post on it soon. 
  • Matty has the memory of a goldfish...He thinks if he is told no, looks away for a half second then goes back to the verboten item/activity it's suddenly acceptable. 
  • Tommy has survived his first cold of the school year, actually he did really well with it...shared it around the house (to his mom and Matt anyway, I'm clean so far)
  • I still think Matt's a budding priest or a theologian at least, he sure likes to dig into my religious books (The Catechism, Bible, apologetics) it doesn't matter to him. 
  • My Niners are 2-1...So yay for that, here's hoping coach Harbaugh can restore the glory. 
  • I've been really diving into a lot of apologetics works again, probably because of my ongoing facebook debate, read some good stuff lately. Including Devin Rose's If Protestantism is True, probably a review of that one on the way soon too. Devin has a blog of his own at St. Joseph's Vanguard, Highly recommended reading.



That's it for now. Keep checking in as I plan to review those two books I mentioned, sooner rather than later I hope. 

    No comments: